Sunday, April 1, 2012

How to Train Your Dragon 2


Guess what I've been working on the last few months! How to Train Your Dragon 2 won't be in theaters until 2014, but I am already letting you know that it is going to be one of the best movies we've ever done. It's really going to be something you haven't seen before in an animated feature. I've had the privilege and pleasure of getting to bring Toothless back to life for the sequel with a completely overhauled surfacing and shader setup. Toothless was originally surfaced by the ever talented Jeremy Engleman, but with a new pipeline, software tools, and for story reasons we had to update Toothless (and all the characters)for the new movie. So if you don't like the new look, you know who to blame. Hopefully I did him justice. The new look just got approved and is ready to go into production. (this pic isn't the new look fyi).

6 comments:

miza12 said...

NOOOO!!!!! WHY?!?!?!?! WHY ARE YOU GUYS CHANGING EVERYTHING????? ESPECIALLY TOOTHLESS!!!

How different will he be?? PLEASE TELL ME!!!

I hope this is just an April fools joke...

BlackRose108 said...

If you're simply talking about upgrading to make them easier to animate, than alright. And I can understand slightly changing the character's appearances since they'll probably be a little older. But Toothless? Why change him? He was perfectly cute and deadly just the way he was....

miza12 said...

I agree...

Stormbringer said...

Say the film takes place say two years later where Hiccup and Toothless have gotten older and larger, then yes it is nessesary to change their appearences.

If I'm right on that theory then this sequel is going to be awesome.

IcelandicEel said...

I just hope that the new, updated Hiccup and Toothless won't end up looking like this:

http://www.howtotrainyourdragonbooks.com/_template/images/wallpaper/large/1024X768/Hiccup-and-toothless.jpg

Anonymous said...

Are we talking minor changes or something dramatic? I'm pretty leery after seeing what they did to Toothless for the Live Theater Show (I was extremely disappointed by the changes)